Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Clare- Have a Little Faith

#2- A book that was made into a movie







Mitch Albom is one of my all time favorite authors. His style is like a father telling his college age children the things he has learned. I read my first Mitch Albom book in high school. I just picked up Tuesdays with Morrie on a whim, and it became probably my favorite book of all time.Since then, I have read every one of his books I could find. This book was no exception. I dog-earred several pages because I will go back and reread them. 

Mitch Albom writes mostly about death, but not in a depressing way. It's about learning peoples' stories and recognizing that our lives are short and unpredictable. It's about living our lives well, inspired by the ones we look up to. This book centers around two influential men in Mitch's life. One is his childhood rabbi. The other is a hard knocked, Detroit pastor of a church that is literally falling apart. Mitch examines these Men of God and faith, and begins to re-examine his own faith journey.

Annnnnddddd, apparently it has been adapted into a made for tv movie. I was going to use this book for #7, but now I can re-read one of his other books! Yay!

Here's a link to the movie info.
http://mitchalbom.com/d/film/7267/have-little-faith#node-7267

Stats:
Angie: 6 books
Clare: 8 books
Total: 14 books
#26BOOKSwithBringingUpBurns

No comments:

Post a Comment